Hi, I’m Sarah Mclachlan, a Naturopath with a passion for helping women in their 40s feel calm, balanced & in control amongst the chaos of changing hormones, mood & body, so they can make it to menopause without it ruining their lives.
For more than ten years I was feeling stressed, tired, overwhelmed, depressed and anxious.
I couldn’t shake these feelings no matter how much sleep I got or how I changed my diet. I was burnt out and not feeling any better, despite all the health and food information I was reading on the internet. I was doing all the right things, but still feeling so down and so tired.
Each day I felt more frightened I was going to feel this bad forever.
I was developing new allergies, the psoriasis that had plagued me since my teens were out of control, I had brain fog. Yet as a Mum, I couldn’t go on like this. Like many Mums, post-pregnancy I had ignored my health, pouring my energy into my kids.
My kids were starting to repeat the health patterns of my childhood with persistent rashes, allergies, asthma, and anxiety.
Getting through a day at school was a struggle that left them exhausted and overwhelmed. I needed to support them through life and help them to thrive. Most of all, we weren’t enjoying life as a family. I couldn’t let them grow up like this.
My journey back to health didn’t start until I took one of my children to a Naturopath about her recurring nappy rash. The (diet) advice from the Naturopath made it go away and never come back. Amazing!
I wanted to help people back to health like that too.
You’d think that my health would improve while studying Naturopathy, wouldn’t you? I’m sad to say that while I managed to eat well, the stress of studying with small children, two more pregnancies, and a major upheaval for our family meant that my health suffered badly. I propped myself up as best I could, but eventually had to acknowledge I was burnt out when I developed Chronic Fatigue and multiple allergies.
Finally, at breaking point I prioritised my health and wellbeing.
Sure, I was breastfeeding, had been through four pregnancies and my kids still woke me up at night, but I was feeling like an old woman and I was only in my early 40s! This couldn’t be normal. It didn’t feel normal, despite what doctors told me.
So I decided I’d treat myself like my most important client (I was!) and get myself back on track.
Firm boundaries went in place. A schedule helped me keep on track and make sure I had time to rest. It was hard to dip in to our savings to pay for testing, herbs and supplements, but I was worth it. My family were depending on me.
And you know what?
I don’t regret focusing on me, or the money I spent, one bit.
Neither do my family. Because I said goodbye to:
- Fatty liver
- Brain fog
- Chronic Fatigue
- Joint and muscle pain
- Many other hayfever and allergy symptoms.
I can be exposed to the things I am allergic to and no longer:
- be wiped out for days
- experience brain fog
- get headaches
- or have such poor memory and concentration that I forget what I’m saying before I get to the end of every sentence.
I’m strong, happy and healthy; ready to support you to reclaim your health and feel more like you did before you had kids.
VIBRANT HEALTH SHOULDN’T BE HARD
I chose to become a Naturopath because I realised the importance of what we eat and what we do for our physical and mental health. Naturopathy recognises the body as an integrated whole (instead of a bunch of systems working independently), with an inherent ability to heal. There is not a quick fix or a pill for each ill.
I passionately believe in healing as a process that differs for each and every one of us – we are all unique with inherent strengths and nurture points. I can show you which herbs, supplements, and natural approaches to lifestyle and food really work to support your body’s natural healing ability. Along with how to use them safely and effectively, so you can reclaim your health and wellness.
HEALTH & VITALITY FOR YOU
Don’t let stress, overwhelm, burnout or anxiety stop you from living life with energy and vitality. Most of all, be empowered to take control of your wellness and reach your health goals. You’ve looked after your family, now it’s time to look after you.
All you have to do is book a free discovery call. I’ll talk you through the easy-to-achieve steps to wellness that are completely personalised to you.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Certificate IV Breastfeeding Education (Counsellor)
- Metabolic Balance practitioner training – this gives me access to the tools to make health & vitality easier for you to achieve, using 100% tailor-made (personalised) nutrition programs.
- Microbiome Masterclass – assists me to analyse and interpret raw data from stool testing to optimise intestinal microbiome balance and function using food, herbs and nutrients.
- Microba Insights – enables me to understand and interpret results from Microba stool test and implement a treatment plan to optimise composition and function of the intestinal microbiome.
- Genetics in Research & Practice – understand genetic variations (SNPs), the factors involved in the switching on of genes, nutrigenomics, and the application of nutrigenomic information in clinic with nutritional and herbal therapeutic supports.